Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Les Elephantes

Another late night for the Langfords last night... To start things off Andy had his first soccer game, which his team won, 3-2. I'll let him blog more about the game if he would like to do a guest post. While he was out running around I had girl's night out with Karin, Michele, and Jen. After his game Andy met up with us for a few drinks and then he and I headed down to 34th Street to see the elephants from the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus march into Manhattan. Apparently the trucks that carry the elephants are too big to come through the tunnel so they haul the elephants to Queens and then they march through the Midtown Tunnel, all the way down 34th Street and into Madison Square Garden. This all takes place after midnight so it doesn't cause a major traffic disruption.

Here's a blurry picture of one of the circus trucks...

PETA was set up in front of Madison Square Garden...I tried to get a picture of their sign which said "Circuses Are No Fun For Animals"

We were down there a little early since we didn't see the elephants until almost one in the morning so Andy took the time to pose with the R2-D2 mailbox, which is to celebrate the release of a special Star Wars stamp.


We walked up and down 34th Street while we waited...the entire street was lined with barricades and there were alot of people out. In front Yeshiva University there was a huge group of students making cotton candy and eating peanuts. When we got to Park Avenue we finally saw the elephants coming...in this really bad picture you can see the lead elephant with the ringmaster.


And here they are...the elephants walking down 34th Street, each one holding the tail of the elephant in front...

I love the circus and I will definitely be going this year!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SAW THAT ON TV THIS MORNING. I BET IF I WOULD HAVE LOOKED CLOSER I MIGHT HAVE SEEN YOU AND ANDY. I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE STAYED UP TILL 1 AM TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS. AUNT N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker