Thursday, April 19, 2007

Before you continue reading this post, please be warned...I am only blogging because of extreme boredom. If there were any other way for me to make the time pass right now, I would not be doing this. Unfortunately, I haven't had any inspiration or motivation to blog lately. This may be due to several factors, the major one being that it is still winter in NYC.

I will admit that winter is my least favorite of the four seasons, but when we moved to NYC I knew that it was something I would have to deal with. Since moving here I think I've coped remarkably well since I once spent an entire afternoon of football tailgating wrapped in Ross's coat while I sat in his car because it was 50 degrees outside and I couldn't take the cold. However, it is now April...April is not winter...it is SPRING! It freaking snowed here on Easter Sunday. Unacceptable. I am still wearing my winter coat every day. There is a time and place for winter but that time has passed...move along, winter, move along.

Yesterday in the middle of the afternoon I received a phone call from an international number. I answered it but on the other end of the line there was only street noise, no response from my "hellos!" which were increasingly loud. After 5 hellos I hung up. The number called back 7 more times, but the phone would only ring once and then hang up. Then, in the middle of the night last night the number called three times between 12:30 and 5:45 a.m. I traced the international code this morning and found that the number is coming from Pakistan. As a co-worker pointed out, the NSA is probably now monitoring all of my phone calls and emails. I've even set up a signal for others to know if I've been carted off to Gitmo or not. I've read some of the evidence against detainees there and anonymous phone calls from Pakistan are on a similar evidentiary plane.

Pictures of the snakes will be forthcoming, in the meantime we're open to suggestions for names. The snakes are both females, one is fat and one is skinny so please keep that in mind. Big Fat Fatty had already eaten five fish last night while the skinny one had only eaten two before Andy had to take the fatty out to allow the other one to eat.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOPE THE WEATHER GETS BETTER FOR YA'LL. MY KIND OF WEATHER. FATTY FAT AND SKINNY MINNIE SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. GOT YOUR MAIL? AUNT N

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Glad you're back today. I've missed your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker