Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Roosevelt Island

Last night Cassie and Martin made the trek out to Roosevelt Island with me to watch Andy play soccer. Roosevelt Island is located between Manhattan and Queens, in the East River. It's about 2 miles long and 800 feet across at its widest point. There are apartment buildings on the island, and a few stores, giving it sort of a small town feeling. We walked along the shoreline which had fantastic views of Manhattan up to the soccer field where Andy was playing. During the game Martin let me try out his Nikon D40 which I think we will be purchasing in the near future, barring a disaster at my dentist appointment this afternoon.

Before the game, Martin and Andy....

Andy, I assume doing some sort of soccer stretch I don't know about...
during the game
Andy in action
taking a free kick

more Andy in action

Roosevelt Island, looking south towards the Queensborough Bridge

To get to the game, we took the subway but on the way back I was convinced to take the tram, even though I hate heights and am scared to death of trams. This is the same tram that was stuck with a carload of passengers for eleven hours a mere two years ago. I spent the entire ride with my face buried in Andy's back but Martin took the pictures below which show that I missed some really great views.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Dallas said...

And the score was?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker